How do you make gum paste from scratch?
- In a bowl mix 2 cups powdered sugar.
- Make space in the center and add egg whites, salt and vanilla extract.
- Mix well until no lumps.
- Add tylose or CMC powder.
- Mix for a minute or two until sticky.
- Now add more powdered sugar – until you are able to form a ball.
How do you make icing for flowers on a cake?
To make your rose, start in the center, then slowly move your tip in a circle around the center point. I wanted a single rose to span the side of the cake so I looped around my center point twice. Try to end in the same place each time.