How do you make a simple paper flower?
- 1Make a paper square. Start out with a square piece of paper, preferably thin or lightweight paper. …
- 2Fold diagonally in half. Fold the square diagonally in half to come up with a triangle.
- 3Fold in half. …
- 4Fold in half again. …
- 5Rotate and fold. …
- 6Cut above the straight edge. …
- 7Draw an arc and cut. …
- 8Unfold the paper.
What kind of paper do you use to make flowers?
These paper flowers use a variety of materials such as cardstock, scrapbook paper, tissue paper, metallic text-weight paper, and crepe paper. You’ll be using these materials to make DIY paper flowers like roses, peonies, dahlias, anemones, cherry blossoms, and other pretty flowers that you’ll love creating.
What is the best cardstock for paper flowers?
In general, I always use 65 pound weighted (176gram) cardstock, but I never go above 80 pound cardstock and never below 50 pound. Most craft stores are going to offer cardstock like this. I tend to shop at Michael’s craft store. So local shopping is probably the easiest suggestion.
How many petals do you need to make a paper flower?
Create 3-D Petals for your Large Paper Flowers
Using a wooden dowel or the end of a sp atula, curl the edges of the flower petals to give them a realistic shape. You can do this with several petals stacked at once. Repeat until all of the petals have been shaped.
What is the easiest origami flower to make?
This origami lily flower is easy to make with one sheet of square paper.
Unfold the Base and Flatten
- Unfold the paper.
- Fold the right edge to the crease you just made. Unfold.
- Open the right edge of the paper, and reverse the crease you just made. Now flatten the paper.
- Repeat the same process on the left.
How long does it take to make a paper flower?
You can make a giant paper flower about 10″ wide in just 15 minutes. Want it bigger? No problem — just cut eight more petals a little larger (one to a sheet of paper) and you can make a 14-16″ paper flower with just a few more minutes of effort.